Friday 3 August 2012

Must Read: The Secret of Taming Your Strict Parents


Photo credit: strict-parents by  www.selfhelpzone.com

I am once again back with this unexpected blog post about relationship, love and parents simply because I suddenly got inspired to share my fondest thoughts about these things just right after watching Miley Cyrus' movie entitled LOL. I just thought that what I have in mind may also be interesting for those people who at times tend to misunderstand their their parents or guardians just like me.Before I start letting you peek what lies deep within my mind right now, I also would like to share one story about a former student of mine who came to tell me about how difficult it is to live with strict parents who never give freedom to let their children experience love. If you think you could relate or if you think that you were once in this situation then this blog entry is for you. Here are 5 Effective Thoughts which I think works very well for you to Tame Your Strict Parents.

1. Project the kind of person which they want you to be - I know that it is difficult to do this especially when you really are not the type of person whom they expect you to be.   Yet, if however you never have the means to stand on your own yet, learn how to join them through your obedience. If they would want you to study well  then you have to try your best to excel in your studies to please them.  Always remember that what they always want is for you to have a very good life at the end of the day. Thus, you just have to keep on saying "yes" because you have to show that you love them, you care for them and you value them even when they are strict and you are against them.

2. If it hurts them, do not show  them -  I am not pretty sure if this whole concept of not showing them the real you is lying . In my opinion however, very reason why I included this suggestion to this blog entry is for everyone to realize that there may be things which children like us tend to like but our parents think that it may give us some sort of bad effect. If you really like doing this act and you think that you know how to practice the principle of the law of moderation coupled with discipline then I guess there is nothing wrong with doing the things that you enjoy doing but you just have to temporarily hide it from them and make sure that they never find anything about it till you're ready to defend yourself and proudly tell your parents that you were able to achieve something worthwhile in your life even if you did something which you think is good and your strict parents think it is bad.

3. Be contented to what they give you - Materially speaking, most strict parents deprive us from owning luxurious things such as I pods, cars, laptops etc....There are times when parents intentionally give us just enough amount of allowance for our transportation and meals. Thus,we think that we are being deprived of the things that we want. Such action or line of thinking is indeed immature, the very reason why they only give us exact allowance come in two ways. First is the fact that our parents may not afford to provide luxurious things even when they want to. While the second concept says that most parents become stingy on us because they are teaching us budgeting values and learning how to be independent.

4. Never oblige them to do something - We sometimes encounter our parents going mad each time we ask for additional allowance or payment for school projects or field trips. Sometimes, they make us feel that what we ask from them would only be wasted towards purchasing tour luxurious cosmetics or gadgets by means of saying the most favorite punch line " We never pick our money, we work hard for it and they are never meant to be used insensibly" Admit it!!!! When you hear these words out of their mouth we tend to stereotype them as machines guns because they simply irritate us and make us feel bad. If you are experiencing this situation, all you have to do is to chance the way you say things to them. If you usually say " please give me this" or "Please buy this for me", try telling them the whole situation where you are and let them decide on what should be done. What strict parents want from their kids is for them to be involved with every decisions that they make simply because they would want to  play  the great role  of helping you form your life in a better way.

5. Learn to Make Your Own Money - Your parents shall only give you the kind of freedom which you have been longing for if they could see that you already know how to make money even if it is just for yourself. If you are able to fulfill this suggestion, you would be able to send a signal to your strict parents that you are indeed wise enough to handle not just the financial aspect but the moral aspect of your life to. Added to this, if you make your own money, you no longer need to ask money from them and you will no longer hear them talk like machine guns..(lols)


           Before I end this blog entry, I would like to give emphasis on how this article means a lot to me. These 5 strategies that I have just blurted out just because of  Miley Cyrus movie and a student who came, cried and complained about her strict parents has been my most kept technique on how I was able to have the freedom that I have been longing to have when I was still studying. Just right after college when several academies took me as a lecturer in their classes, I was able to earn for a living and I was able to prove them that I have managed to both become the ideal person in their eyes plus the ideal girl for myself - two opposing factors which were reconciled by these 5 tips that I have shared. Finally, keep in mind that strict parenting is also as difficult as the experience of a child who deals with it, so why not  give yourself some time to understand each other. That's it for now and I just hope that these tips would work on you too. Good Luck on your Journey towards Taming your Strict Parents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment